16 December 2011

Something a little different....

I've had this magazine for AGES and always wanted to try the Beach Babes pattern by Natashia Curtin but never got around to it.... Till now.....

Once I decided on the fabrics, it was so easy to trace off the pieces to fusible web, iron on, cut out and iron in place.

Obviously I haven't done the blanket stitching, since I don't even know what I am going to put them on, but you get the general idea.

I love my nonstick teflon sheet I got at the last quilt fair! Just let it cool, and they just peel off!! And you can see through it, which makes it easy to line up the pieces before ironing.

Think I might make some more, just to have handy...

FYI, the magazine doesn't ACTUALLY picture the snorkeller, however I did find the finished pic at smeedesigns.com, where you can buy this pattern, if you want to try it yourself....

(I wonder if I could make her a "topless" bather, for a naughty twist???)