27 May 2016

Another mannequin!

A couple of design changes, but essentially the same process as before.

This time, I used some wire from a coat hanger (the type you get from the dry cleaner) to make the "arms", a bamboo skewer for the spine and, of course, a Coke bottle for the body. Some fancy fabric to make the dress and she is finished!

It's made out of bright pink lining fabric and some sequinned remnants. A bit fancy, especially by my standards! 

Tutorial to follow ;)

17 May 2016

Gum ball machine

Saw some gum ball machines on my FB newsfeed that used a glass container and a flower pot to make a gum ball machine. Sounds cool, right??

I found a tealight holder for $1.50 at the Reject Shop, which looked like a cute size and used a jar lid for the top and a small pot for the base. Since this is a plastic pot, it has ridges on the bottom, but to counteract this, it fits a plastic bottle lid perfectly!

So, it's all painted up and ready to go ;)

Not sure about the pom-poms, I may change them for coloured confetti or similar, and add something around the lid? Not sure yet....

UPDATE 24/6/16
So, I decided to take out the pom-poms, and changed it to craft foam. I happened to have some adhesive colours, so with a hole punch and a pin, I filled the inside with tiny circles of coloured goodness! Plus, I found a wing nut, and added this to the front, as a turn key. 

Big improvement I think ;)

Something girly....

I had been thinking for a while how I can "feminize" the tin can people, and I may have found a solution.... Maybe.... ;)

I used a 390ml Coke bottle to make a kind-of mannequin in a tutu. It's still a working concept, but I think it turned out OK?

More refining to be done, but it's getting there. ;)

08 May 2016

A couple of things done....

RFinished a couple of things this weekend. Yay for me!! ;)

I have been on leave from work, and have done very little with my time off. I did, however, have a big cleanup, since I had some people over mid week. It's amazing how much stuff you can hide when you have to.....

Trouble is, now I can't find anything! LOL!! However, since the table was cleared, I cut out some bits and pieces.

Made two more book covers, and a couple of doll blankets.

The pink one is A5, the blue is A4. The hexies and shoe appliqué I had already on hand. I used a single layer of thin batting with no interfacing, which gives it a slight puffy effect. These fit better, too. Must have been more accurate with my measurements this time.... ;)

This is flannelette with a satin binding,just using scraps...

Self binding blanket.... (I have since added a flower to this one, since it seemed a bit dull)

Simple, bound edged fleece scrap...