21 July 2012

Family Tree...

Got Bernie back from the service centre and she's running like a dream, so got back to the appliqué tree.

Found some sky fabric and a brushed cotton for the grass. Cheap, too! Fat quarters were only $2, and the sky fabric was on the cheaper end of the scale, so very little spent on this so far.

The original design had the tree hand blanket stitched in all the same green, but since I used a couple of autumn greens, I decided to use matching thread. And I don't hand stitch!! Bernie has a really nice "fake" blanket stitch which will do just fine!! Couldn't find a matching thread for the spot, though, so looks like a trip to the markets tomorrow to see what they've got.

Happy with it do far. If it turns out ok, I may do a Family Tree style quilt for my grandmother for Christmas and get all the family to sign one branch each. Still in the thinking stages so far - maybe I could photo print them??? That could work.... Hmmmmm......