08 July 2016

Quilt finished!!

Many moons ago, I was given two quilt tops - one I completed a couple of years ago, and this one. As it was hand pieced, I had intended to hand quilt it. I got frustrated with the results I was getting, so I pulled it all out and took it to the machine instead....


It was quilted with simple lines intersecting through the four squares. The border quilting is a continuation of the lines through to the edges, and bound in a green check. I also cheated in the binding, stitching it by machine. It is definitely not a heirloom! (I haven't yet washed out the chalk lines...)

It has a flannelette sheet as batting, and a flat sheet as the backing, so it's definitely more for the cooler time of year ;) Finished size 170cm x 200cm.

UPDATE : This quilt has been sold....