So..... here she is!!
|Before I added the arms, showing the underwear|
My original intention was to go a bit Goth - a bit sullen in the face, black hair and clothes, tattoos and piercings - but as I progressed with her, she turned into more of a burlesque performer. I designed her face from scratch which didn't turn out quite how I wanted, but she looks OK. Need a few more colours at my disposal, methinks.
I changed those big man hands to a more streamline shape, which I am much happier with. I slimmed down the body a little and gave her a more defined waistline, changed her face completely, added her underwear so it is a permanent part of her body, built in shoes...... I think thats it.....??
Her bustier has been stiffened with iron on interfacing, and is red satin with black lace overlay, lined in red and laced up at the back. She has a pleated skirt with button and chain detail. I think she needs a little bit of bling in the form of a bracelet or bangle or something, but that can come later. The hat is a purchased one from the Markets. Not sure how I am going to attach it, yet.
Her hair is Merino wool, and I added a few strands of red at the top to break the colour a little bit, plus some fake fur to the top of her boots. I thought about adding some buckles or something to the shoes, but it was a bit too much so they are staying as they are.
I will definitely making this doll again! Such an easy pattern, and great results every time.