11 January 2014

Frosty the Snowman...

I know, I know... Christmas is over, but while I'm still playing with the coffee tins, there HAS to be a snowman! 


He is a slight change of style. His stick arms are painted and coated in nail varnish, and covered with a little snow. :) The body is quilt batting, with one layer at the top and two layers at the bottom, to give some shape. It is then just "sculpted" with scissors to round it off a bit. He wears a scarf and top hat, made from a lid from a spray bottle. It is felted on the crown but only painted an the brim - didn't see the need for felt on both! His face is beads and sequins, and although I didn't have any orange felt for his carrot nose, I think the yellow is close enough - for now...

I used white stretch for his head but used two layers, as it was only single knit and the colour from the ball would have shown through. I also gave him some hair from the quilt batting, although it could have been left off, but it was already glued before I changed my mind! No matter, it makes his hat fit better!! LOL!

Side angles below :