15 February 2014

Dorothy...

I've hit a wall with Tin Man, so I thought I would move on to Dorothy!

She has a dress, so far....


Fabric stitched onto a felt base. Sounds simple, right? Well, yes and no ;)


Firstly, note to self - make the felt slightly longer than normal, as the stitching tends to shrink the final size by a little bit. Just enough to make it not meet at the back without extreme stretching back into shape. Annoying!!


I plan on simply painting her arms and legs, rather than stick on fabric or felt, since the snowman was a big success. I will make the shape of her puffy sleeves in card and draw on the details. And if it doesn't work, I'll just glue fabric over it :)


She will also have the impression on underthings, with a similar style as the arms, but the plan is to add a little lace. And some ruby slippers, of course!!