27 December 2016

Post Christmas stuff...

Now that Christmas is over for another year, it's time to do some housekeeping - finish some things, clear up my craft table, etc - and first on the list was the book covers (only because they were on top of the pile!)


I had originally bought a pack of 5, with two still to be done. While cleaning up, I found a remnant I bought with skulls on it. Why not cut a skull from the skull fabric? Oh, the irony! 


Found a scrap of red, which was either a low pile velvet or brushed something-or-other for upholstery? Anyway, the eyes and nose needed enhancing, so tried with black and it was ok, but tried with some silver, and it was heaps better ;) And a little yellow flower for a feminine touch....


The other is some scraps that I cobbled together with some train fabric and curtain scraps. I stitched them onto a base but miscalculated the height, so when I top stitched around it, it was too tight. Guess who had to unpick it?? Not fun! Anyway, it turned out OK in the end.....

This time I put some elastic from the back to act as a strap to hold the book together when it was closed. Worked out great, but only if the design doesn't go too close to the front edge.

So, what to do next? Whatever it is, I need to make some room, first! The table has far too much stuff on it to do ANYTHING right now...... ;)