17 November 2013

All squared up...

I spent some quiet time this morning to finish up the embroidery in the clog, but I've kept the tulip pretty simple. It ain't perfect, but it's fine by me!



I also ran around the blades of the windmill to give it some more pop. Just one strand of brown, but if I was to do it again, I would do it all in brown! The white just disappears in the pale blue...


They are all trimmed and squared now, so I can play with layouts and colours. I don't have a design wall, so I usually take photos on the floor in different combos and scroll through them on my iPad. It would be easier with a design wall, but I just don't have the space!!

I think I will trim the smaller blocks in red first, and the centre block in the mottled blue. Maybe? I just need to separate the two blues from each other to disguise the fact that they are not the same. Or try to, anyway.... Wish me luck!!