09 November 2013

Making Faces...

Many months ago, I was give a doll to put a face on. Now, I do not claim to be an expert in any way, but I am getting better.... I think.... Before, she looked a bit like an alien -


- but now I think she is quite sweet -


The doll was made with a molded face and the fabric stretched and glued over the top. The fabric itself is very coarse, and so hard to make a defined line!!!


So, after trawling the net for inspiration, I ended up doing a bit of a hybrid of everything I had seen. It's probably a bit old looking, but I think once she gets get hair on, if will soften it a bit. Given the constraints of the eye socket and lips, I had to make them a little smaller than I am used to - maybe that is why she has an older appearance? I will leave any cheek shading to her creator, if she wants to add it....


I have dressed her in something I already had on hand, not made by me, although still hand made! Her plastic pants are mine, though. I made a bunch it these for CPK's, and borrowed a pair for some photos. So easy using a shower curtain and some poly cotton for lining. Anyway, that is a whole different post....


I hope her owner is happy with what I did. There was no real definite style or colours requested - just give her a face! Ok, done!! She can have her back just in time for Christmas...

Tick that off the list, now for something new!!