While looking for silhouettes for my bag, I found some really nice bug designs. I decided to try reverse appliqué on these, as they have quite a few intricate elements and pointy bits.
I think a cushion will be the final result on this one. I found some black for the body and used a gold satin for the bug, all with raw edge appliqué.
So far, so good!😉
This grasshopper is teal lining fabric....
After trimming up the fronts, I decided to add a web to Mr Spider. I had some silver thread, and after a couple of guidelines, off I went! Turned out quite well, I think!
Once they have a cushion inside, they really pop!