24 December 2014

Merry Christmas!!

Ho ho ho!! Tis that time of year again. Feels like just another stinkin' hot Summer day here in Oz....

I have 4 minions half done, waiting on clothes and hair, but legs and eyes are done ;) Unfortunately,  I have been a little distracted....


... with this guy. He is half done, but you get the idea.....


I thought about how to do a nutcracker for a while now, and the minion shape was not going work with the curved top. How could I change up the shape, and not have to spend any money? A plastic cup, of course! And, as luck would have it, it fits perfectly at the ridge! OMG! How lucky is that??? And a plastic bottle lid made into a hat. Perfect!!


Once again, I have turned my tin upside down, to assist with the flat base for the top, and easy access for the legs through the lid. I plan on using the same technique as the minion legs for this, screwed in from the top, but also attached to a base for stability.

I need to buy some heavier dowell to use for arms and legs, but so far, not a cent spent! Love that, and it's almost all recycled... To be continued....