26 September 2015

Nutcracker, with a twist....

So, this other Nutcracker is a little darker, so his tunic needed to be a different colour. Not so bold and bright, more muted and winter-y. I found that orange and brown worked with his skin tone. As it happened I found a lot of these colours in my stash, including some fringe, which is a bit more pink but seems to work ok.

I also made his arms thinner, as the thicker wood plus the felt made them too fat. Still need to attach the legs, but here he is all mocked up....


As luck would have it, his hat is already the right colour, so no need to paint it. Need to spray his hands to match his head and glue all the bits on, but he should be done by the end of the weekend. 

Then on to the yellow one! ;) He is pretty much ready - he has been sitting like this for a while now, and I quite like it! I have run out of wood for his arms, though, so I need a quick trip to the hardware store..... Who am I kidding? It's never "quick"!! ;)


Update 28/9
I knocked off his nose and tore off some of his face paint. When will I learn?? :(

So, I had to strip back the colour back to nothing, but I only went as far as where the hair would be. I then reprimed and repainted it. Since it was already attached to the body (which was already completed) I had to tape it up really well to prevent overspray.

It's not too bad, but I have had to redo his face completely, so he looks a little different, but overall he is the same. Legs are done, too. I think I will leave them plain black.....


Update 2/10
He is done! I quite like this colour way, as it's a bit more neutral and exotic looking.....