25 December 2012

Another one bites the dust.....

Bag.... DONE!!

A very productive Christmas Day all round, I think.

Finished up all the appliqué, handles and lining, only need to close the turning hole and I'm done. Another potential Show prize winner - I hope....

Since all the items I added (and I'm very proud of my seagull!) had very small pieces, I used the straight edge stitch technique. The was no possible way that I could have gone around many of those pieces with the blanket stitch. I also did this for the sunglasses. I probably should have done the whole project with this technique, but I was following the instructions at the start, then just, sort of, made it up from then on!!

As I had run out of the water fabric, I used some sky fabric I bought for the Apple Tree wall hanging, however this meant the starfish didn't look right floating in the sky, so I deleted them all, bar one, that I hid in the bottom left corner. I also added a silhouette of a seagull onto the snorkeller, however looking at it now, it looks a bit like a vulture circling its prey. Maybe if I had made it white instead of grey?? Too bad, it's done now!!

Boxing Day tomorrow..... No family until 2.30. Wonder what I can get started before then? Maybe I need to sleep on it.....