01 December 2012

Something new...

I was given a bunch of craft and quilting magazines, and have been so inspired!

One quilt in particular caught my eye..... Scrappy and simple, a little country.... Blocks are small and fast to make! Not sure on the final quilt size, but I'm having fun! Bernie is giving me grief again, may be time to upgrade.....

So, blocks are 15cm when finished, 12 applique blocks in total, plus some pieced ones for good measure (not done yet), plus 4 borders! Will probably do 3, with the middle one with vines. Challenging, but simple enough keep me interested.

My pics are pretty rushed, but couldn't wait to publish my progress! Better pics to come.... Raw appliqué on the top row, finished ones on the bottom. They still need their finishing touches, but I'm halfway there, so far.....