Just a basic straight stitch in a light green. With all the different colours in this, no single colour was going to be perfect for them all, but I think it's ok. The backing is a leopard print.
Finished size is about 75cm square.
It's a lot softer than some recent quilts/runners I have finished. I used a Pellon lightweight batting that's pretty cheap - probably not the best for heirloom quilts, but for doll quilts and table runners, it works just fine. :)
Given the Aboriginal print I used for the binding, I thought I would photograph it with my Metti dolls. I got the girl first, but she doesn't wear her original outfit. He wears his original loin cloth. The vinyl on her is so much more sturdy than him. They made these for years, so they could simply be a different batch. Another version of this doll has them painted up in traditional body paint, but they are on my wish list. Metti is an Australian manufacturer that are no longer exists... Such a shame... :(